As it is already usual in Jezebel, on Sundays we do a review of the most important news happened this week in the fashion world. And today I start with Oscar de la Renta and his statements of breaking toward the decision of sign to Galliano for a capsule collection. As he was already speculating (although it had never been confirmed), this was an initiative promoted by Anna Wintour, editor of Vogue US.
Obviously the designer added quickly that is delighted with the result and that it didn’t matter you accept it. But that will, the initiative did not come off of it… In addition, it has already shown its interest in dress the first lady of United States, Michelle Obama.
- It seems that the crisis does not affect to the the luxury market as had been speculating earlier, maybe this last semester, the turnover of the LVMH group (Louis Vuitton, Celine, Givenchy, Guerlain, Bvlgari, etc.) grew by 6%, 13,700 million euros. And in the that regards Kering (Gucci, Bottega Veneta, Boucheron, Saint Laurent, etc.) 5.3% exceeding the 3,000 million euros.
- This month Teen Vogue it rejoins the fan phenomenon and urges all the young of United States with a cover that will return them completely crazy. And is that the Group One Direction appears in it. And although to my I have small already, I recognize that they are monerrimos to rage. Who had ten years less…
- It seems that France not anything like business of the US firm vision Abercrombie & Fitch. and has opened an investigation because they accuse them of discrimination when hiring employees, only well based on his physical (no! do seriously?). In addition, do not like the idea of a guy without a shirt to get women to its entry and that these can be a photo with him.
- I am an absolute fan of t-shirts each year Marc Jacobs launches to help in the fight against the skin cancer, and this year the protagonist is…!Miley Cyrus! At the end which was girl Disney has decided to be photographed as God brought her to the world, but for a good cause. I like the initiative, but I do not know if this year I’m gonna get me a shirt in question…
- And following the thread with this love that’s go in pajamas everywhere, and thus Immortalizes him Tommy Ton in one of their images. The designer of his own firm and Louis Vuitton, has no qualms about going out with a gorgeous model in large and red flowers. Tremendous.